To be able to connect to Tonga Power Limited’s grid, there are a few steps you will have to follow depending on which type of account relates to you.
A new connection to our grid requires you to complete a few steps before we are able to connect your power.
- Click here to Download a new connection form, please complete form and submit to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can submit to our distribution office behind our Head Office in Poutaha
- Once we’ve received your form, approval of your request will depend on several factors such as the distance of your connection to our powerlines. There also needs to be evidence that power will be used within 6 months of the new connection.
- Arrange electrical contractor to build a temporary supply or put electrical wiring into a new construction. A wiring permit and results should be submitted to the Electrical Commission (EC) and there is a fee to pay.
- An Inspection completion form should be submitted to TPL by the EC.
- TPL will contact the owner to pay the meter bond of TOP$100 and once payment has been received TPL will schedule a plan to connect the house electricity to the grid.
Long Disconnected Accounts
If your power account has been disconnected for a long time, please complete the steps below before we can connect your power
- House will be required to be fully inspected by a license electrical contractor of his/her choice. An inspection permit and results should be submitted to the Electrical Commission (EC) and there is a fee to pay.
- An inspection form should be submitted to TPL by the EC
- TPL will contact the owner to pay the meter bond of TOP $100
- Once payment has been confirmed, we will schedule a plan to connect your power.
Do you have any questions regarding our connection processes?
Call our Customer Care team at 27130 or 23028 during work hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm or email us at email@example.com